Maharashtra: Water stock in dams drops to 22 per cent

The average water stock in nearly 3,000 dams in Maharashtra has dropped to 22 per cent of their total storage capacity, with the Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar division recording the lowest at 9.06 per cent, an official report said on Wednesday.
Representative image
Representative image

Mumbai | The average water stock in nearly 3,000 dams in Maharashtra has dropped to 22 per cent of their total storage capacity, with the Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar division recording the lowest at 9.06 per cent, an official report said on Wednesday.

There are 2,997 dams in the state where 22.64 per cent of the total storage capacity is available for use as of Wednesday. The current stock is less by 9.17 per cent compared to 31.81 per cent recorded on the corresponding day (May 29) of the last year, it said.

Of the six water divisions in the state, the dams in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar have an average stock of 9.06 per cent of their total storage capacity, according to the daily report of the Maharashtra Water Resources Department.

Pune division has the second-lowest stock at 16.35 per cent, followed by Nashik (24.50 per cent), Konkan (35.88 per cent), Nagpur (38.41 per cent), and 38.96 per cent in Amravati division

Latest News

No stories found.

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
Metrovaartha- En
english.metrovaartha.com