Two workers die of asphyxiation in hotel's waste water collection tank in Kerala

Two workers died of asphyxiation and one person suffered from suffocation after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a hotel's waste water collection tank in Iringadanpalli here on Friday evening.
Ammas Dabha Hotel, Asokan (R)
Ammas Dabha Hotel, Asokan (R)

Kozhikode (Kerala) | Two workers died of asphyxiation and one person suffered from suffocation after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a hotel's waste water collection tank in Iringadanpalli here on Friday evening, police said.

The incident took place around 4.30 pm when the workers entered the tank, which had been closed for some time and was being prepared for reopening.

One person inhaled poisonous gas and collapsed, and subsequently another person who attempted to rescue the first also collapsed due to suffocation.

Despite being rushed to the Government Medical College Hospital, they couldn't be saved, police said.

A woman who also suffered from suffocation was administered CPR by the police and admitted in hospital. Her condition is said to be stable, they added.

Latest News

No stories found.

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
Metrovaartha- En
english.metrovaartha.com