TVK chief Vijay's Neelankarai residence 
States

TVK chief Vijay's Neelankarai residence gets bomb threat, found to be hoax

Actor-politician Vijay received a mail on Thursday saying that a bomb had been planted at his Neelankarai residence, and it was found to be a hoax after checking the house, police said.

Chennai | Actor-politician Vijay received a mail on Thursday saying that a bomb had been planted at his Neelankarai residence, and it was found to be a hoax after checking the house, police said.

On getting a call, the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) was sent to the spot early in the morning, and checks were carried out, but nothing was found, police officials added.

Police at the scene said they started the search around 3 am. Initially, the search was conducted outside the house. Later, when Tamilaga Vetri Kazhagam founder Vijay woke up, police were let into the house to search, they added.

"We left around 7.25 am when we found nothing," said the police.

An Assistant Commissioner of Police told PTI that city personalities have been receiving bomb hoax mails from a Hotmail address.

"Last month, another actor-politician, S Ve Shekher also received a bomb threat mail. The content of these emails are similar. We are yet to trace that mail ID," said the official.

On October 6, a prominent national daily from Chennai, too, received a bomb threat mail claiming three RDX IEDs had been planted in their premises.

Like in previous cases, the BDD Squad declared it a hoax after a thorough search.

CJP's X handle withheld, founder starts new account with 'Cockroaches Don't Die' tagline

Court orders eviction of Dalit families in Kizhakkambalam amid protest over land dispute

US firms commit over USD 60 bn investment in last 6 months: Piyush Goyal

How different were Trump, Putin's visits to China

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs