Quarry collapse in Kerala 
Kerala

Quarry collapse in Kerala: Bodies of dead migrant workers sent home

The bodies of the two migrant workers, who died in the landslide at a quarry site in this district earlier this week, were on Friday sent to their homes.

Pathanamthitta (Kerala) | The bodies of the two migrant workers, who died in the landslide at a quarry site in this district earlier this week, were on Friday sent to their homes.

Ajay Kumar Rai from Odisha and Mahadev Pradhan from Bihar died in a landslide that occurred at the quarry site in Payyanamon near Konni here on July 7.

While Pradhan's body was recovered the same evening, the mortal remains of Rai, who was inside an excavator during the incident, were found after an over 30-hour-long search operation.

The district administration on Friday said that the post-mortem of the remains was carried out at the Pathanamthitta General Hospital and was embalmed at Kottayam.

Thereafter, the remains of both workers were sent home at 5.25 am on Friday on board a flight from Kochi, the district administration said.

Right choice for India, China to be 'friends', Xi Jinping tells Modi

Macron's decision to recognise Palestinian state in September angers Israel, US

NIA court revokes attachment of six more properties linked to banned PFI

Indore-bound Air India plane returns to Delhi airport after fire indication in engine; lands safely

After a gap of 7 years, PM Modi lands in China; all eyes on his talks with President Xi on Sunday