Thiruvananthapuram | Keralam Minister Sunny Joseph on Saturday said the KSEB had reintroduced a scheme offering up to Rs 50,000 to LIFE Mission and PMAY beneficiaries to shift power lines and posts obstructing house construction.
In a Facebook post, the Electricity minister said the scheme had been restored to help ordinary people realise their dream of owning a home.
The Kerala State Electricity Board scheme would remain in force until March 31, 2027, he said.
The minister said certain relaxations had been made to the land ownership requirements.
Applicants would be eligible for the benefit even if they did not have full ownership of the land on which the house was being constructed, provided it was owned by a close family member listed on the same ration card, he said.
The Electricity Department would continue to undertake people-oriented development activities, prioritising issues faced by ordinary people, Joseph added.